Some resources for RF
contractors and details of a few agencies
Some time ago there was a a newsgroup , rf-consult-uk or RFCONnetUK,
dedicated to RF contractors, where information about jobs, equipment and other
relevant topics could be discussed out of the way of agents and clients. This
was an invitation only group whereby a prospective contractor could join only
if vouchsafed for by another, known, subscriber. Sadly, it appears that this
group has long gone (circa 2004) but some information on it can be gleaned from
Nigel Berrie's website. At some point in
time, another group called RFconsultants was formed. This group had no
moderator and is awash with spam now. Recently however, Nigel has resurrected
the group, so if you are a RF contractor and can prove who you are either by
being known to one of the members or by providing references, come and join RFCONnetUK
Following on from Nigel's web page, i.e. plagiarising it, here are some up
to date links and information relevant to RF contractors seeking work. It isn't
comprehensive so if you have knowledge on any agency that I have omitted I
would be more than happy to update it accordingly. I haven't used many of these
agencies so I'm not prepared to comment on how good they are or how IR35 proof
their contracts are.
- Agency Central
- Agency Central has a subsection titled RF & Microwave. Not all the
agencies listed here specialise or even deal with this market sector.
- Jobserve agency listing
- A listing of various agencies subscribing to Jobserve.
- CG Consultants
- Executive Recruitment
- Or ERS as they are known sometimes.
- I have used them. They use IR35 proof contracts.
- Jam Jobs
- John Prodger
- Now part of the Jon Lee group?
- STS Recruit
- TAC Europe Technical Recruitment is a specialist technical recruitment
consultancy for aerospace, automotive, building services, engineering, ICT
and rail jobs. I believe they were, or have taken over, Cliveden
- Venus Group
General job sites where agencies list
- All Jobs
- This site has a habit of announcing that it has found jobs based on the
search criteria but refuses to show you what they are. Whether or not it's a
problem between their HTML or my browser (Firefox 184.108.40.206) is unknown.
- CV Library
- It is necessary to register with this site to get access to all the job
listings. Putting my CV up here did generate some interest.
- Electronics Weekly
- The industry standard weekly magazine's website. It has a lot more jobs
in than the magazine.
- IET jobsite
- Aimed at IET members, with the usual bias towards jobs in the electrical
- A more general job site covering a lot more than RF. Use the advanced
search option to narrow down the results.
- A more general job site covering a lot more than RF. This link goes to
the advanced search page.
- This site covers all types of jobs. The search and advanced search
options are very limited, it's OK if the criteria were something like
"secretary" and "Bicester" but there is no facility for "contract AND (RF OR
radio OR microwave).
- This site seems to be quite good for technical jobs. The front page
search criteria are clear and allow selection of any of the necessary
keywords and contract etc.
- Tiptop Jobs
- Go to the advanced search tab to get a better search selectivity. I have
had success selcting for CONTRACT and ANY of the following words (for me they
were RF radio analogue microwave).
- This site covers all types of jobs. Go to the advanced search tab to get
a better search selectivity, there is the option to select for CONTRACT and
any of the keywords, just like Tiptop Jobs.